Microsoft recently did a data survey on how familiar and willing people are to use emerging technologies in their daily lives and especially at work.
Many companies and leaders take emerging technologies like the metaverse and AI into
But while they may think so, these are technologies that can increase collaboration and
facilitate creation and creativity for all areas.
- 52% of employees are open to using digital immersive spaces in the metaverse for
meetings or team activities in the next year.
- 47% of employees are open to representing themselves as an avatar in meetings in the
- 51% of Gen Z and 48% of Millennials envision doing some of their work in the
metaverse in the next two years.
- 16% of employees say they never expect to do any work in the metaverse.
- 13% of employees say they don’t know what the term ‘metaverse’ means.
“Avatars and the metaverse bring us one step closer to making people feel like they’re together even when they are physically apart. Our early research shows that when compared to an audio-only call, people feel more engaged, more present, and even more comfortable when using an avatar in a meeting. The people you are speaking with are better able to see your body language, and back-and-forth conversations feel more natural.”Mar Gonzalez Franco, Principal Researcher at Microsoft Research
The following data shows us how these groups imagine doing some of their jobs in the metaverse in the next two years:
- Boomers 28%
- Gen X 37%
- Millennials 48%
- Gen Z 51%
Which generation do you identify yourself with?
Do you already use these technologies in your work routine? Or do you imagine yourself using them two years from now?
Share your opinion! Leave a comment about emerging technologies at work.
If you want to know more about Microsoft Technologies and Metaverse, talk with us!